Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Marketing Tutorial: Answers!


As we just started to sell our buildings and graphic-designs I cannot say that we are doing bad. We have had several jobs lately. Did a lot of marketing and I really think it is working out very well. Today I stumbbeled on a great blog (handed over by some-one to be honost)VirtualBusiness.com. I started to read imediatly. It's clear it's very easily written and I think it has some great idea's. Point is that it makes you think on how you can improve your business. It makes you review your own actions.
Lets' try to review our business within the blog-items:

** Be Unique**
As in our case I do think that we are selling a unique product. Our buildings are very different from others. We want them to look like if you can find them in RL too. We try to improve and get better with every building!!!! We only add features that are neicesary to the houses. Some of them are quite without any because it was just like that. others have more gadgets because they need those. I think we are quite Unique at SL.

**Be Intuitive**
I so love the sentence Todd used: "Keep essential instructions brief - People don’t read instructions. Therefore the large majority of your product’s features should either be 1) easy to figure out or 2) optional and does not get in the way."
Blah Blah is the worst you can get in SL. That is why we have a short note in our products. You need to know how you can set the teleporter, you need to know how you can reset some scripts and you need to know who to call if there is anything wrong. Our Notes Are Brief!!! nothing more, nothing less.
As for now we aren't selling a big amount. So if we get a request or a question we are almost imediatly able to get out there and help the people. Eventhough I was quite stunned about the fact that you can have your IM-s to your mail forwarded and that they doesn't get capped by that..................................

**Create Strong Emotions**
Well that's a hard one to talk about. I can honostly say that I am insecure about that. Our Logo Perfectly matches the things we want to say. We are working together InSync: Fred Builds and together we make the textures for it. But to be honost I am still trying to figure out how I can get a kindof one great look for our designs. But with the product it is hard to get an outstanding view. 

** Create Long Lasting Value**
I don't think our houses should get any updates. There will simply be new other and more strange ones to find out about. SL isn't really the place to get long value items I think. people are more into getting the newest and the coolest gadgets. so it will be more a matter of suprising them with new and improved items ......................

As I have been thinking about this all i have decided to make a customers survey to ask what people really think of out product, services. i will let you know how that worked out if I get some of them back ..................

No comments:

Post a Comment